Affichage de 2054 résultats

description archivistique
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

1499 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Anonymous 1

Morse code guide; flags guide; Log yearbooks from 1944, 1945, Christmas 1945, 1946, 1995, program from RRMC 50th Anniversary parade, 1990; photograph of Princess Juliana inspecting cadets; Christmas card from cadets (2) 1943 or 1944; Royal Canadian Naval College Prospectus 1945-1946; 1943-1945 badge; navigation set used when a cadet

Drawing room from north east doorway, arranged for living.

Drawing room from north east doorway, arranged for living. Floral couch in centre of room, bearskin rugs in front of fire places. Fresh cut flowers in various vases and other greenery. A large floral arrangement is in the fernery at the west end fireplace

Hatley castle from North West

Hatley castle from North West. Road is not yet paved. Steps lead down to where Italian garden will be. Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910. The Italian garden to the west of the castle was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.

Stables courtyard with 5 horses on display

James Dunsmuir Jr is just out of shot on left side, holding Kismet's reins. Mann family members hold the other horses. Coachman, Fred Mann is with 4th horse from left.

Coachman, William Edward John (‘Fred’) Mann, was in charge of the stables at Hatley Park. Also employed were his sons, Charlie, Bill and Jack. His youngest son, Harry, also helped out in the stables when not attending school. They are standing in the courtyard of the U-shaped stables and garage building. The coachman's home was attached to the stables at the east side of the building and the chauffeur’s home was attached to the garages on the west side. The building was added as part of the extensive estate development by Brett and Hall, 1912-1914.

Hatley Castle from South East, possibly soon after completion

Hatley Castle from South East, possibly soon after completion. Window awnings on windows, bay trees on terrace, no ivy growth. Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910.

Stables courtyard with 8 horses on display

Harry Mann holds Dola's horse, Beauty on left, James Dunsmuir Jr. holds two horses and Mann family members hold the remaining 5 horses.
Coachman, William Edward John (‘Fred’) Mann, was in charge of the stables at Hatley Park. Also employed were his sons, Charlie, Bill and Jack. His youngest son, Harry, also helped out in the stables when not attending school. They are standing in the courtyard of the U-shaped stables and garage building. The coachman's home was attached to the stables at the east side of the building and the chauffeur’s home was attached to the garages on the west side. The building was added as part of the extensive estate development by Brett and Hall, 1912-1914.

Hatley castle from South west, from the croquet lawn

Hatley castle from South west, from the croquet lawn. Some ivy cover on castle and there is a white naval ensign flying at the flagmast, suggesting this image is from military era. Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910. It was sold to the Canadian government in 1940 and became HMCS Royal Roads, a naval training establishment.

James Dunsmuir Jr on Kismet outside Hatley Castle. Kismet is standing still

James Dunsmuir Jr, known to his family as ‘Boy’, and to others as Jim, was born in 1894. His childhood education took place at Loretto, a private school in Scotland, where he became an accomplished lightweight boxer. After he completed his schooling, Jim went to Montreal and worked as a private secretary at a bank. With a lifelong love of horses, it came as no surprise that he enlisted in the B.C. Horse and later the 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles (CMR) stationed at Willows fairground in Victoria at the outbreak of the First World War. Having taken the cavalry school course in Winnipeg, Jim was made a lieutenant, but he quickly grew frustrated with the seemingly endless ceremonial duties of the CMR. Anxious to contribute to the war in Europe, Jim resigned his commission and set sail for England to join a British cavalry regiment. Jim departed from New York on May 1, 1915, on the luxury passenger ship Lusitania. Tragically, as the ship neared the Irish coast on May 7, it was hit by a German torpedo and sank. His body was never recovered.
This image, with Jim sat on his horse, Kismet, was taken when he was stationed in Victoria. There are similar versions of this photograph in this and other collections.

Hatley Castle from East driveway

Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910.

Hatley Castle from north west, through the woods

Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910. The estate was further developed from 1912-1914 by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall. This included addition of a new entrance on Sooke Road that would bring the visitor down a winding, serpentine road to the main house. This view through the trees was the first glimpse the visitor had of the Dunsmuir's castle.

East wall of croquet lawn under construction

Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910. The construction was overseen by contractor, Thomas Catterall. The Italian garden to the west of the castle was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.

K. Inkster

Photographs, yearbooks, histories collected from ex-cadets in the process of working with RRU Foundation as liaison with alumina of the military college

Selden Humphries

Selden Humphreys, standing pose, in light jacket, dark coloured fedora.

Résultats 101 à 125 sur 2054