Affichage de 2054 résultats

description archivistique
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

1499 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Hatley Castle

Hatley Castle was designed by Samuel Maclure and built by contractor Thomas Catterall between 1908 and 1910. The castle was owned by the Dunsmuir family from 1908 until 1940 when it was purchased by the Canadian government for use as a Naval training establishment.

Castle hallway from west end.

Castle hallway from west end. Chairs placed outside office and lounge, fireplace on right, an elevator, installed for Laura Dunsmuir in later years, is visible at far end of hall

Drawing room from north east doorway, arranged for living.

Drawing room from north east doorway, arranged for living. Floral couch in centre of room, bearskin rugs in front of fire places. Fresh cut flowers in various vases and other greenery. A large floral arrangement is in the fernery at the west end fireplace

Hatley Castle from the south

Hatley Castle from the south. Terrace lawn, people in uniform walking on terrace, indicates this is Naval college era. Hatley Castle was designed by renowned British Columbia architect Samuel Maclure for James Dunsmuir. Using only the finest materials, builders, stonemasons and detail carpenters only took 18 months to construct the building from 1908 until 1910. It was sold in 1940 to the Canadian Government and became HMCS Royal Roads, a naval training establishment.

Résultats 51 à 75 sur 2054