- CA RRU 025-008-1-71
Part of B. Citerley
The Hatley Park estate was developed from 1912-1914 by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall. This included addition of a new entrance on Sooke Road that would bring the visitor down a winding, serpentine road to the main house. An extensive network of roads and trails were added to the estate. In 1913, Hermann Eng was hired as head gardener. He and his wife Theresa lived in the Sooke Road gatehouse for almost 20 years.