Print preview Close

Showing 927 results

archival descriptions
K. McCann
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

919 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Italian garden from south east

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-1-103
  • Item
  • 1913-1937
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from north west

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-103
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.
When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from north west looking south

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-104
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914. When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from south west

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-105
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.
When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from north west looking south

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-106
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914. When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Winter view looking west from Hatley Castle tower

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-1-107
  • Item
  • 1913-1937
  • Part of K. McCann

The walled garden visible in the image was added as part of extensive development of the estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914. The walled garden contained vegetable and fruit crops as well as the greenhouse complex. The view west from the castle tower shows how much land was cleared for pasture.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from terrace, looking west

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-107
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914.
When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Hatley Park, Italian Garden from south east

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-4-108
  • Item
  • 1938-1940
  • Part of K. McCann

The Italian garden to the west of the castle and the croquet lawn below was added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914. When Laura Dunsmuir died in 1937, the house and grounds were maintained by a skeleton staff until it was sold to the Canadian Government in 1940.

Neptune steps in the snow, from south

  • CA RRU 025-002-1-1-109
  • Item
  • 1913-1937
  • Part of K. McCann

The Neptune Steps and Fountain Court to the north of the castle were added as part of extensive development of the Hatley Park estate by Boston based landscape architects, Brett and Hall from 1912-1914. This image is taken soon after completion because the lions are not yet at the bottom of the steps.

Results 26 to 50 of 927